STEP #1: Define Talent Themes Precisely & Concisely
(1) “What do you understand by these three themes?”
- to check for for her understanding
Some people are still unable to pinpoint & confirm their top 5 with these reports. In such cases, it is imperative that coaches are able to provide concise & precise descriptions for the themes.”
(2) (Hearing her understanding) “That is partially true, but a more direct way to explain this is…”
- #activator – “hate to wait” & “try first & learn along the way”
- #individualization – “easily notices preferences of people & caters to each with different approaches”
- #deliberative – “naturally sees risks, thinks of what may go wrong & takes precautions”
(3) “When do you think, feel or behave that way?”
- Check whether they can clearly & concretely identify manifestation of talent themes
(4) “That sounds right. You do manifest these talent themes. Why did you feel (2 minutes ago) that it doesn’t describe?”
STEP #2: Discern for Contrasts & Unlikely Pairs in Top 5
(5) I notice contrasting pairs of themes in your top 5. Do you recall situations where you vacillate between the talent themes?
- #activator usually wants to start & get things off the ground. However #deliberative may prefer to carefully consider risks before starting.
- #command usually wants to take charge and lead people to follow your decision. However #individualization prefers to cater to & adjust to people’s preferences.
StrengthsTransform™ Coach Certification
Interested in getting certified to use our tools & materials for coaching? Inquire with us for the next run of training!