Read #CoachHG Collection: Conflict Resolution (Introduction) before proceeding further.
Woo talent theme
The genius of your WOO talent involves the impact you can have on other people and the ease with which you can win them over. You have an incredible ability to meet new people and almost magically know what to say in order to draw others out. Other people love the attention you give them and the way that you can affirm a person so quickly. Of course you love the process and the challenge of meeting new people. And people love it when you connect with them. The genius of this talent is that you can not only quickly connect with people but you can be a catalyst in helping people connect with one another. Make no mistake about it, when you enter a crowd the crowd will be dfferent because you were there. In fact, you have the capacity to transform a crowd of disconnected people into a group and this is no small accomplishment.
Deliberative talent theme
The genius of your Deliberative talent is found in the quality of your decisions, choices, values, and the directions you decide to pursue. Your deliberative genius involves thinking and the fact that you will take multiple things into consideration every time you make a decision or a plan. The genius of your Deliberative talent allows you to look at an issue from multiple sides. You will “play the devil’s advocate” as you think through alternatives, values, and propositions, and you will look at multiple sides as you are learning. You will slow down the process whenever you are learning, planning or deciding. But this does not mean you are “slow minded”. Quite the opposite. This is part of your genius and results in very high quality decisions and a depth of understanding.
Common conflict points between 2 persons; one with Woo & the other with Deliberative
- My Woo talent dwells on the surface with as many people BUT your Deliberative talent dives deep into multiple considerations
- My Woo talent believes ‘adventure has great return’ BUT your Deliberative talent believes in ‘adventure has great risk’
- My Woo talent connects many individuals to make the group dynamic strong BUT your Deliberative talent considers many potential obstacles to make the process smooth
- My Woo talent is fast & spontaneous BUT your Deliberative talent is slow & selective
The way to minimise the conflict and to maximise the collaboration is to operate from the position of Confident Vulnerability; I know what I really am, I know what I really am not, and I am fine with both as my weaknesses can sit on my strengths”
What if you have both Woo & Deliberative talent themes in your Top 5 themes?
“WOO + DELIBERATIVE”
While you are capable of and interested in building a broad social network, you proceed with caution, mindful of potential risk.
We change the ‘BUT‘ to ‘AND‘.
- Your Woo talent dwells on the surface with as many people AND your Deliberative talent dives deep into multiple considerations; on the surface you may seem to just having some small friendly talks but your brain is also working intensely to be cautious over certain people and/or topics.
- Your Woo talent believes ‘adventure has great return’ AND your Deliberative talent believes in ‘adventure has great risk’; you’re able to wisely size up a situation to decide whether this particular adventure’s return is worth the risk.
- Your Woo talent connects many individuals to make the group dynamic strong AND your Deliberative talent considers many potential obstacles to make the process smooth; the ability to build quality group dynamics and quality processes.
- Your Woo talent is fast & spontaneous AND your Deliberative talent is slow & selective; you have a tremendous range for engagement in terms of speed and selection.