#CoachHG Collection 8: CliftonStrengths Findings In Gender (Ideation)
- Women far exceed men in having Empathy and Developer in their Signature themes – a powerful combination for nurturing others.
- The number of men with Analytical, Ideation and Competition in their Signature themes far exceeds the number of women with these themes in their Signature themes.
- Men (18.1%) far exceed women (9.7%) in having Ideation in their Signature themes.
In this article, I shall focus on Ideation talent theme.
In varying intensity, people with Ideation talent theme:
- create new ideas out of existing ideas
- consider things from multiple angles
- connect random ideas and their implications
- contemplate new insights frequently
- care about newness
- captivate others with their originality
- capitalise on being unique
- carry with them lots of surprises
- catch others’ attention
- crave for ‘wow’ moment
- celebrate changes from the norm
- challenge status quo
- choose the unchartered path
- contrast with the conventional
Ron Munsey, a night time janitor at Peter Woodbury School in New Hampshire surprises elementary students with creative designs on their classroom rugs each morning. Which of the 14 traits does Ron exhibit?
It is a must seen performance! One-Man-Band Show by amazing Yon Gondrong from Indonesia’s Got Talent. Which of the 14 traits does Yon exhibit?
- Is Ideation talent one of your Signature (Top 5) Themes?
- How many of the above 14 traits describe you? How do they contribute to your past successes?
- Supposed tomorrow, you are contributing these traits to your family or organisation and you are extremely well received and appreciated by others. What are some different approaches you are using then compare to how you used to utilise Ideation talent?
After reading the 14 traits of Ideation talent, what are your thoughts on the global statistic differentials in gender for this talent theme? The genius and beauty of Ideation is certainly in our midst, stimulating our minds with fresh thoughts, inspiring our hearts with new excitement and energise our actions with great anticipation of the outcome.
READ MORE HERE!